A growing media conglomerate is seeking for the partnership and services of a Senior Editor-in-chief and the highest-ranking content creation officer who holds overall responsibility for all content creation and leads the content distribution strategy for multiple platforms.
Possess deep knowledge of and experience in journalism development and implementation in a modern media environment, possess knowledge of how to effectively present content to current Core audience and emerging new audience, on-air, online and on-demand, and:
- Deep knowledge of and commitment to the tenets, ethics and “commandments” of journalism – the role of journalism in society, including as having organizational courage and serving as a watchdog of the civic sphere;
- Lead content making that has meaning, purpose and toughness, while moving forward in new, fresh and relevant ways;
- Having relationship or strong connection to certified news agencies like the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN);
- Demonstrate ideas and ability to diversify audience appeal, including ethnic, age and education level;
- Excited about and already engaged in creating the future of journalism on all platforms - possess knowledge of interactive media, publishing and other electronic information and emerging communication technologies;
- Have knowledge of regulatory governance and rights management regulations in the electronic media industry.
1. Minimum three(3) years’ experience in media or a related industry
2. Minimum three (3) years’ in increasingly responsible management/leadership experience.
3. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
1. Demonstrated understanding of programming principles, audience research, operational methods, NCC rules, and the opportunities and challenges of issues facing a disrupted and dis-intermediated media environment, particularly for public broadcasting.
2. Have an understanding of the history and mission of public broadcasting, be attuned to its current defining differences; have the ability to work productively in the context of a “hybrid” public/community TV and news licensee.